Here are three great party recipes: Swiss Bacon Dip, Southwestern Eggrolls, and Pizza Meatballs! Don't stress out, and just make it happen!
Swiss Bacon Dip
(from Rachel Ray)
8 slices center-cut bacon, chopped
8 oz cream cheese, softened
½ C mayonnaise
2 rounded tsp Dijon mustard
1½ C shredded Swiss cheese
3 scallions, chopped
½ C smoked almonds, coarsely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Brown bacon in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Drain crisp bacon bits on paper
3. In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, Swiss cheese, and
scallions with the cooked bacon. Transfer to a shallow small casserole or baking dish.
4. Bake until golden and bubbly at the edges, approximately 15-18 minutes.
5. Top with chopped smoked almonds.
6. Serve hot alongside veggies (such as baby carrots, cauliflower) for dipping, and a selection
of flatbreads, sliced baguette, and cocktail breads for dip spreading.
1½ lb ground beef
1 tsp onion powder
1 C Panko bread crumbs (Japanese bread crumbs)
1½ tsp freshly minced garlic
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
salt & pepper, to taste
Italian seasoning (marjoram, thyme, rosemary, savory, sage, oregano, and basil)
8 oz Mozzarella cheese, cut into ¼" cubes
2 or 3 (15oz) cans tomato sauce
1 - 15 oz can crushed tomatoes
Italian seasoning, to taste
1 medium onion, chopped
1½ tsp fresh minced garlic
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a flat baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, using your hands, combine ground beef, onion powder, egg, Panko crumbs,
garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, a couple dashes of Italian seasoning.
3. Shape into 1-inch balls. Push into each ball one cube of cheese, and reshape. Make sure the
cheese is completely encased, or the cheese will melt and run out of the meatballs.
4. Bake in the oven until browned, 15-20 minutes.
5. In a slow cooker, on medium, combine the tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, Italian
seasoning to taste, onion, and garlic. Keep hot while cooking meatballs. Add meatballs,
once they come out of the oven.
Serve with toothpicks. The sauce can be made on the stovetop. Alternatively, you can use your favorite jar of sauce.
¼ C scallions, chopped
¼ C olive oil
8 C fresh baby spinach (8 oz frozen chopped spinach may be substituted)
1 C frozen corn
1 - 15 oz can black beans, drained
1 tsp ground cumin
1 Tblsp fresh lime juice
½ tsp salt
6 oz Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
egg roll wrappers
1. Sauté scallions in olive oil until tender.
2. Add next 6 ingredients, and cook until spinach is wilted, approximatly 3 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
4. Place ¼ C of mixture on each egg roll wrapper, fold in sides, and dampen edges with a
small amount of water so they stick together, and roll.
5. Put enough oil in a saucepan to cover egg rolls, and heat to a high temperature. (Do not over
heat to smoking.) You may also use a deep fryer.
6. Cook rolls until golden brown, drain on paper towels.
7. Serve sliced in half on the bias (diagonal cut), with salsa, Ranch dressing, or combine Ranch
dressing with guacamole dip for a great dip.
1. You may add roasted and finely chopped chicken breast to the filling mixture.
2. To add some heat, you can add cayenne to the mixture, to taste!