I had this on my mind, today, as I was thinking about what to take to a Halloween party, tonight. During the fall, you might be invited to several parties around Halloween or Thanksgiving. And often, you're at a loss for time, and ideas on what to take. An old standby that we like to make up that is fairly inexpensive, fast & easy to prepare, and is always popular is a pumpkin dip.
This is a very basic recipe, and is great served alongside gingersnaps and graham crackers. Be sure to have the cream cheese softened, to facilitate a smoother, creamier consistency.
|This is a great serving idea, in the pumpkin. This, however, is a borrowed picture and not my own!|
8oz. cream cheese, softened
2 C. powdered sugar
15oz. can solid pack pumpkin
1 Tblsp. ground cinnamon
1 Tblsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. frozen orange juice concentrate
1. In a medium bowl, cream the cream cheese and powdered sugar together, until smooth.
2. Gradually add the pumpkin.
3. Stir in the cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and orange juice concentrate, until smooth and well
4. Place into serving vessel and chill before serving, at least one hour.
5. Serve with graham crackers, gingersnaps, and/or any other item you would prefer.
Makes approximately 4 Cups of dip.