I apologize for my lack of Meatless Monday posts, recently. I promise to get back on track. And in doing so, I give you a delicious and easy enchilada recipe that you will definitely add to your recipe collection!
Creamy Spinach Mushroom Skillet Enchiladas
2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp garlic, minced
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
8 oz mushrooms, sliced
6 oz baby spinach
1/4 tsp salt
2 Tblsp cream cheese w/ onions & chives
16 oz bottle of green salsa
8 - 6 inch corn tortillas
1/3 C Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded
1/4 C sour cream
cilantro sprigs (optional)
1. Preheat broiler.
2. Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, chili powder, cumin, and
mushrooms; sauté for 5 minutes. Remove to a bowl.
3. Add the spinach and salt, and cook for approximately 1 minute, or until wilted, stirring
4. Return the mushroom mixture back to the skillet. Add cream cheese and cook for 2
minutes, or until cream cheese is melted, stirring frequently. Place mixture into bowl and set
5. Heat 1 C of salsa in a saucepan over low heat. Dredge both sides of each tortilla in warm salsa, using tongs, and stack tortillas on a plate.
6. Spoon 1 heaping Tblsp of mushroom mixture over the center of each tortilla. Fold in half,
and arrange in skillet, overlapping slightly.
7. Top with remaining salsa and sprinkle with cheese. Wrap the handle of the skillet in
aluminum foil, and broil enchiladas for 4 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
8. Top with sour cream and garnish with cilantro sprigs.